What is Invisalign?
Invisalign are a series of plastic aligners that apply gentle pressure over time to straighten teeth.
For patients who do not like the look of metal braces, the plastic retainers are virtually impossible to see.
The process is painless to get started!
1. Book an Invisalign consultation and assessment with Dr Kamran Ashraf
2. Impressions/scan taken of teeth
3. Aligners ordered
4. Patients wear each aligner for a prescribed amount of time only removing them to eat, drink and brush their teeth
Who are Invisalign suitable for?
- Patients would need a consult with the dentist to determine if they are suitable to Invisalign
- They are suitable for teenagers and adults but are more commonly prescribed to adults
- Adult patients who had braces as teenagers and have noticed their teeth have started to relapse
- Patients who only require a subtle adjustment to straighten their teeth
How does it work?
Like traditional braces, Invisalign gradually shifts teeth until they are in the ideal position. We map out the entire alignment process and create a sequence of slightly different trays corresponding to the slight adjustments your teeth will make. These trays are computer-generated based on images and models of your own teeth so you can be assured that these will have a perfect fit for you and only you. Each aligner then needs to be worn for a specific period of time before moving on to the next set.
Our trustworthy team are always on hand to give you clear explanations about your options so that you can make informed decisions that are right for you and your oral health.